The Sports Forum

Football, Soccer, NFL, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, Cricket, Athletics, Boxing, Motor Sport. Sports Discussion forum

Everton’s fans have made their feelings with the imminent appointment of Nuno Santo crystal clear

sportsman

The Everton faithful have taken to social media in numbers this weekend, to react to the news of Nuno Espirito Santo’s imminent instillation on the club’s bench.

Nuno incoming​

Chatter surrounding the managerial position at Goodison Park has of course taken centre stage in the media of late.

This comes with Carlo Ancelotti, just 18 months on from his arrival on Merseyside, having opted to take his talents back to Madrid, following the departure of Zinedine Zidane.

In turn, a whole host of tacticians have been tipped as potential arrivals on the Everton bench, with the likes of Rafael Benitez, Eddie Howe and even former boss David Moyes amongst those linked.

Everton’s fans have made their feelings with the imminent appointment of Nuno Santo crystal clear

LONDON, ENGLAND – MAY 23: David Moyes, Manager of West Ham United celebrates following the Premier League match between West Ham United and Southampton at London Stadium on May 23, 2021 in London, England. A limited number of fans will be allowed into Premier League stadiums as Coronavirus restrictions begin to ease in the UK. (Photo by Justin Setterfield/Getty Images)

Recent days, though, have seen a clear front-runner emerge in the Toffees’ managerial sweepstakes.

The individual in question? Nuno Espirito Santo.

In fact, as per a host of reliable sources, the Portuguese, who just last month brought an end to his impressive stint in charge of Wolves, is now just details away from being unveiled as the new Everton manager.

Nuno Espirito Santo is one ste away from joining Everton, as revealed today by @DominicKing_DM. The agreement will be completed soon and he’s expected to be announced as new #EFC manager in the next few days. 🔵 #Everton

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 11, 2021

Blues fume​

And, as outlined above, it has not taken the Everton faithful at all long to make their feelings with the latest high-profile decision made by the club’s board crystal clear.

Taking to social media, the vast majority have expressed an overwhelming feeling of disappointment, with few seemingly of the opinion that Nuno is in fact the right man to lead the Blues forward.

Check out some of the best Twitter reaction below:

So, yeah. Nuno Espirito Santo. Disappointing.

Not my first choice manager candidate and certainly not one I’m particularly excited for.

This club continuously frustrates and confuses me with it’s decision making.

We’ll get behind him regardless. Let’s hope he proves us wrong.

— Everton Blue Army (@EvertonBlueArmy) June 12, 2021

I have 2 concerns with Nuno.

1. Feels like this is all Moshiri and Brands hasn’t had input. (Which we will never truly know the answer to)

2. Jorge Mendes link. Just feels like another agent in Moshiri’s ear talking his client up the list. Shouldn’t be near the club

— The Toffee Blues (@EvertonNewsFeed) June 12, 2021

Everton aren’t even playing and they have still managed to ruin my weekend with the news of Nuno likely to be manager. FFS.

— Anton Powers (@AntonPowers) June 11, 2021

If Nuno had stayed at Wolves, would Everton have moved heaven and earth to get him?

Maybe, but his appointment seems like an easy one for a club that has been consistent in their attempts to make shortcuts for a long time #EFC

— Matt Jones (@MattJFootball) June 11, 2021

I’ll back Nuno as soon as he’s announced as manager but I’m so disappointed that the club is hiring a manager who finished below Newcastle, lost 4-0 to Burnley, and was on the verge of getting the Crystal Palace job. Most mediocre appointment possible

— Henry 🇵🇸 (@bighfizzle) June 12, 2021

Absolutely devestated. An awful boring manager

— Ryan (@holroyd_ryan) June 11, 2021

So now we have to keep quiet, and just “get behind him”. Fuck that. I’ve had my opinions on Ancelotti shut down for 6 months. Nuno is as underwhelming as it gets, and we’ll be £100m down and in the same position in 18 months times.

— Napoleon In Rags 🇵🇸 (@Tms200977) June 12, 2021

Disappointed there with Nuno getting the job ya know

Wasn’t even in the 10 managers I would of chose

Only thing everyone can do is back him like we do with ant players or managers what get the job

Up the toffees

— EFCJOHN (@EFCJOHN2) June 12, 2021

Tottenham & Everton both interested in Diego Rossi

First photos of Chelsea’s eye-catching 2021/22 away kit surface online