‘That’s beautiful’ – Jose Mourinho explains half-time altercation between Spurs stars Son & Lloris

Forum to discuss football
Floyd
Site Admin

‘That’s beautiful’ – Jose Mourinho explains half-time altercation between Spurs stars Son & Lloris

Post by Floyd »

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has spoken out over the explosive altercation between Hugo Lloris and Son Heung-min during his side’s win over Everton. Keane’s OG decides it Spurs welcomed Carlo Ancelotti’s men to north London a short time ago, for a Premier League clash. The two sides headed into proceedings separated by just a point in the English top-flight table, with this evening’s hosts having held the advantage ahead of kick-off. And, when all was said and done at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Jose Mourinho’s side extended their lead over the Toffees. A largely disappointing 90 minutes eventually saw a solitary goal prove enough for all 3 points. The strike in question came with 25 minutes on the clock, when, following a Harry Kane effort, the ball dropped to Giovani Lo Celso in the Everton box. The Argentine, facing away from goal, quickly swiveled, with his subsequent strike having been destined to fly wide of the post. This was until the ball cannoned off the unfortunate Michael Keane, and beyond Jordan Pickford into the Everton net. 3 – No side has scored more own goals than Everton in the Premier League this season (3), while no side have benefitted from more than Tottenham (4). Fortuitous. #TOTEVE pic.twitter.com/bnNfkTGtt0 — OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) July 6, 2020 Spurs’ much-needed win takes the Lilywhites back up to 8th in the Premier League table. Highlights: Tottenham 1-0 Everton
https://www.youtube.com/embed/mFSjL5-0utk
Spurs stars clash On an otherwise positive night from a Tottenham perspective, though, one moment, following the half-time whistle, saw tempers reach boiling point amongst the north Londoners’ stars. The incident, which appeared to come completely out of the blue, saw Hugo Lloris make a beeline for Heung-min Son, as the South Korean headed for the tunnel. Son, clearly not happy with what had been said, quickly bit back with an angry response, before the pair had to be separated by a number of teammates: Hugo Lloris & Son clashing with each other at half-time 😳 pic.twitter.com/jjVeKy36AR — Football Daily (@footballdaily) July 6, 2020 Another angle of Hugo Lloris & Son being separated at half-time 🤬 pic.twitter.com/QpeIAgLmvi — Football Daily (@footballdaily) July 6, 2020 ‘Part of football’ Confusion had since largely surrounded the coming together between Lloris and Son, with it having been altogether unclear what actually caused the former’s anger. As outlined above, though, an explanation has since been forthcoming. First, speaking following the full-time whistle at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Hugo Lloris provided his take on the incident, revealing that he was not happy with the effort put forth by Son in tracking Richarlison on the stroke of half-time: “What happened between me and Sonny is just something that is part of football sometimes.” Hugo Lloris played down the incident which saw him and Son Heung-min have a furious row at half-time during Tottenham’s 1-0 win over Everton. 💬 Post-match reacton on Sky Sports PL now! pic.twitter.com/iIZBY5aSbA — Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) July 6, 2020 Hugo Lloris & Son at full-time hugging it out after their half-time fight pic.twitter.com/t3yBkIFaOw — Football Daily (@footballdaily) July 6, 2020 ‘Beautiful!’ Jose Mourinho, meanwhile, was inevitably also drawn on the altercation between his side’s stars during his post-match interview. The Tottenham boss, though, was not at all unhappy with the situation, with Mourinho having explained that, during recent team meetings, he has urged his players to hold one another accountable for their shortcomings on the pitch: ‘That’s beautiful! It’s a consequence of our meetings. If you want to blame someone for that it’s me.’ ‘I was critical of my boys because they are not, in my opinion, critical enough with themselves, with each other.’ ‘I’ve asked them to be more demanding.’ 🗣 “It was beautiful, you need to demand from each other. I was really pleased” Jose Mourinho on Hugo Lloris & Son’s fight at half-time pic.twitter.com/ju6Jg29zn3 — Football Daily (@footballdaily) July 6, 2020 Sissoko backs Tanguy Ndombele to be a success at Tottenham Newcastle loanee Danny Rose hints his Tottenham career is all but over