Jose Mourinho starts Arsenal mind-games, reveals the only trophy Spurs can win & Ryan Sessegnon isn’t injured

Forum to discuss football
Floyd
Site Admin

Jose Mourinho starts Arsenal mind-games, reveals the only trophy Spurs can win & Ryan Sessegnon isn’t injured

Post by Floyd »

Tottenham 1 – Everton 0 Few will be keen to remember Tottenham’s 1-0 win against Everton in the future. Monday’s Premier League match was a largely forgettable affair, however Spurs picked up three valuable points against the Toffees. A Michael Keane own goal following a Giovani Lo Celso shot was the only goal of the game. The win lifted Tottenham above Sheffield United into 8th. Everton remain 11th.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/WTa9EBgyi ... ure=oembed
  Jose Mourinho starts Arsenal mind-games There’s no rest for Tottenham as they take on Bournemouth on Thursday night before hosting Arsenal on Sunday in the north London derby. In his post match interview after Everton, Jose Mourinho began the mind-games before the match with the Gunners. Mourinho said: I think the game against Arsenal will always be important because it’s Arsenal. My mentality is only important if we win against Bournemouth. To play against Arsenal, they’re our big rivals and just because we want to win our matches against our rivals that doesn’t make me very, very happy. I want the game against Arsenal to be played as if we’re playing to win something. We need to be win against Bournemouth and then we play against Arsenal. Then the game becomes big because it’s Arsenal but it’s big because we have then objectives on the table. ImageTottenham Hotspur’s French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris (L) and Tottenham Hotspur’s South Korean striker Son Heung-Min arrive on the pitch for the second half during the English Premier League football match between Tottenham Hotspur and Everton at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London, on July 6, 2020. (Photo by Adam Davy / POOL / AFP) / RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE. No use with unauthorized audio, video, data, fixture lists, club/league logos or ‘live’ services. Online in-match use limited to 120 images. An additional 40 images may be used in extra time. No video emulation. Social media in-match use limited to 120 images. An additional 40 images may be used in extra time. No use in betting publications, games or single club/league/player publications. / (Photo by ADAM DAVY/POOL/AFP via Getty Images) Mourinho reveals the only trophy Spurs can win Tottenham still have hopes of playing European football next term. Can Spurs qualify for the Champions League? Considering Spurs are 7 points behind Man United in 5th, that’s doubtful. When it comes to qualifying for the Europa League, Spurs are 1 point behind Arsenal and 3 points behind Wolves. Yet, in his post-match interview after Everton, Mourinho appeared less interested in talking up Tottenham’s European qualification hopes, while he instead opted to troll his team about being on course to win the Fair Play Cup: (We have) a team of good boys, a team of nice boys. The only thing they can win at the end of the season is the Fair Play Cup, which is something I never won and I’m not interested in winning that. You need to have a certain character and you need to grow up in your mentality, in your responsibility, in your consistency because it’s very, very important to be consistent. To have a good game, to win a match, lose another one, draw another one, that is the kind of mentality that doesn’t take you further in your ambitions.   ImageTottenham Hotspur’s English midfielder Ryan Sessegnon (L) scores past Bayern Munich’s German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer during the UEFA Champions League Group B football match between Bayern Munich and Tottenham FC on December 11, 2019 in Munich, Germany. (Photo by Odd ANDERSEN / AFP) (Photo by ODD ANDERSEN/AFP via Getty Images) Ryan Sessegnon isn’t injured 20-year-old Ryan Sessegnon wasn’t even named on Tottenham’s bench against Everton on Monday. Following his move from Fulham last summer, Sessegnon, 20, has only made 6 appearances for Spurs this season in the Premier League. After Everton, Mourinho was asked if Sessegnon missed the Everton game because of an injury. Mourinho replied: No, not injury. He’s working with us for a couple of weeks but I thought you’d ask me why Dennis Cirkin, 18-years-old. is on the bench. It’s a very positive thing. I like Dennis very, very much, he works really hard. To have the opportunity of so many players on bench is very nice and for him to feel like he is an option, like Harvey White was on the bench against Manchester United and Skipp on the bench almost every match. I think it’s also important for the young guys.   Watch Mourinho’s full press conference after Everton
https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZtB6rC-Qa ... ure=oembed